Human Resource Development
From Theory into Practice
Combining theoretical rigor, practical relevance and pedagogical innovation, Human Resource Development: From Theory into Practice is an essential resource for students working towards a career in human resource development (HRD), human resource management (HRM), occupational and organizational psychology, and related areas of business management and organization.
• Aligns with the CIPD Professional Standards and the CIPD’s Level 7 Diploma in Learning and Development.
• Covers all the basics in the fundamentals of HRD theory and practice, as well as cutting-edge topics such as the e-learning, ‘hybrid learning’, neuroscience and learning, ‘learning ecosystems’, and the ‘new learning organization’ science of learning.
• Follows a unique framework based on the a distinction between ‘micro-HRD’, which zooms-in on the fine detail, meso, and ‘macro-HRD’, which zooms-out to look at the bigger picture.
• Includes a rich array of research insights, case studies and examples from a wide range of contexts.
• Offers a variety of learning features, including ‘perspectives from practice’ and ‘in their own words’, which help to bridge the gap between theory and practical application.
This up-to-date and authoritative textbook is accompanied by a comprehensive instructor’s manual and PowerPoint slides to support lecturers in their teaching.